I've been journaling for a while now ever since when I was a troubled teen. Back then I wrote more about what was going on in my head. Then, I realised that I can use journaling to harness more clarity and manifest my desires.
Something about putting my thoughts on paper gives a powerful symbolic meaning to it.
Why everybody should practice journaling:
1. Journaling can help with giving your more peace and clarity as you write your thoughts out rather than laying in bed at night with a million thoughts running thru your head. I know that chaotic feeling.
2. There's scientific evidence that journaling is great for your mental health.
A blog post on psychcentral.com - iI drew my attention to this particular paragraph. 'Scientific evidence supports that journaling provides other unexpected benefits. The act of writing accesses your left brain, which is analytical and rational. While your left brain is occupied, your right brain is free to create, intuit and feel. In sum, writing removes mental blocks and allows you to use all of your brainpower to better understand yourself, others and the world around you.'
3. You are able to have a conversation with your inner wisdom. Ask powerful questions and free write them on your journal. Click over to MIND BODY GREEN for this epic blog post
4. Help better your meditation practice. Before you began to meditate, perhaps start off by journaling first. I know when I first meditated, I found it so hard to focus and quieten-ing down mind.
5. Reflection and celebration - we are living in such a face-paced world.
In this lifetime, we don't stop to think about our achievements (no matter how small) so we don't see our progression. I would recommend to reflect and celebrate monthly. See how much you've grown as a woman who is wide awake.
So my friend, pick out a notebook and start journaling.